Halloween Cake Pops
Halloween is fast approaching! Do you want to make something very special with your children?
Keep on reading, today we are making Halloween cake pops!!
These cute little cakes on a stick are really easy to make and delicious too! We are pretty sure that your little ones will love to help out and to decorate their little delicious pumpkins, ghosts or….any scary monster!
The recipe is very simple and the most important is to let the imagination run wild!
For 6/7 cake pops
What you need:
- 100g/3½oz dark chocolate/ you can use the one you prefer
- 300 g 10½ oz sponge cake
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 300g/10½oz white chocolate
- few drops food colouring
- multi-coloured sugar ball sprinkles
How to proceed:
Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.)
- Crumble the sponge cake into a bowl, then stir in the melted chocolate, desiccated coconut and hazelnuts until well combined.
- Roll golf ball sized pieces of the mixture into balls. Stick a lollipop stick into each ball and set aside in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.) Stir in the food colouring.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle the sugar sprinkles onto a plate.
- Remove the balls from the fridge, dip them into the chocolate, then coat in the sugar sprinkles and place onto the baking tray. Set aside in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.